Monday, August 3, 2009

One Year with the Kapp Pack

Today is a very special day for me, Sunshine Meadow. Today is the anniversary of my Gotcha Day. The day that Kelsey Ann went to the bridge, I was brought in as a stray at the Humane Society of Lebanon County. That was a Wednesday. On Saturday, I met the bipeds who would be my new family when they brought a food donation. I wasn't allowed to go with them that day since I had only been in the kennels for two days, but on Sunday I was eligible for adoption. They were there waiting for me when the place opened and I went to my fur-ever home.


I met Canyon (Sky too, but couldn't find a picture from my first day)


Biloxi was staying with them at the time in foster care. He didn't want to share "his" toys.


I found my favorite perch. Because I had a habit of sitting on furniture with muddy paws, no doggies are allowed on furniture anymore. Mom and Dad recently spent lots of money to have the muddy pawprints cleaned and I had to learn to stay off furniture. Good thing I'm a fast learner.



Here I am learning to drive. The little biped is trying to explain the intricacies of stick shift to me. Now, I'm quick at learning, but how am I supposed to reach the pedals and see out the window. I also can't figure out how to grab the gear shift with no thumbs.


Here I am finding dirty dishes.



I've done a whole bunch of fun things over the last year. Mom and Dad are really good at spoiling my fun though. There is a fridge lock; food is now stored in the garage; no dogs on furniture anymore; special Meadow proof fence in addition to the 6 foot chainlink. But, I've thoroughly trained them new tricks... Everydog gets an ice cube whenever the freezer is opened; food dishes can be used as frisbees; the little biped likes kisses to wake her up; no water in my dish - that's OK we'll drink from the toilet; a girl needs a BFF, better adopt a puppy for me.

Well, 1 year down. Many more to go. Lots of stupid human tricks for me to teach.

Butt wiggles, Meadow

17 woo woos:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khongrats Meadow!

My mom still remembers your mom sending us your pikh on the phone thingie...of khourse we said GO FUR IT!

Woo have a fantastikh pakhk to be part of!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

the magic sleigh said...

Wooos! Congrats on your pup-aversary!
Keep teaching those bi-peds the right way to do things, obedience training is a must for them!
-Kira The BeaWootiful

Biloxi and Siber-sibs said...

Happy Gotcha Day Meadow!
I shares my toys wid woo. I jest didn't want woo to take my fave one, dat's all. Specially since dey was all my fave.

Time sure do fly. I sure do miss da fun we had together. We needs to plan a party. Next month will be one year in my furever home too!

We sure is sum lucky dawgs!!!!!
Harooooooo!

Lots an lots of husky kisses to woo!
Biloxi FFB (former foster bro)

Yas said...

Kongratulations on your one year anniversary!! May you be blessed with more good happy years to come!
That was a beautiful tale of how you came to live with the Pack, we truly enjoyed it, thanks for sharing!!

Cheers,
Maxx & Mommy

Jans Funny Farm said...

Happy Gotcha Day. Sounds like it has been a fun and interesting year.

Khady Lynn said...

Happy gotcha day Meadow!! I remember very well when you came to live there! You sure are a lucky pup!

Holly and Khady

D.K. Wall said...

Happy Gotcha Day. We love Gotcha Days!

Teddy Westlife said...

Good for you, Sunshine Meadow. It was a great day for sure.

Huffle Mawson

Dexter said...

What a wonderful year! You are a fast learner for sure. So many rules in a new house, huh?

Slobbers,
Mango

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Happy Meadow-a-versary! We are so glad that you found a great new home!!

Steve and Kat

Jack & Moo said...

Happy Gotch Day, Meadow. A year already??? Just doesn't seem possible! We'reso happy your family has gotten trained by you so furry well, way to go, girl!

Woos & a-roos,
Star & Jack a-roo

Pippa said...

Belated but very many gotcha day congratulations. You found a fine pack.

Many happy returns.

The Husky in the Window said...

Well woo sure found the best home to live at. Happy late gotcha day!

I want to know about this driving thing? Is the little biped giving lessons? Can we sign up?

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Life With Dogs said...

I hope you are all enjoying fall. You are missed! :)

Amber-Mae said...

Hey there! How have you guys been?

Love licks & Hugs,
Solid Gold Dancer

Jack & Moo said...

Hey, we're only 30 days late, but what the heck? Happy Gotcha Day Meadow!!!

jack a-roo & miss moo
(Somehow woo pups vanished from our blog list, but we put woo back on so we can keep up to your husky adventures!)

Unknown said...

Happy Gotcha everyone, your so lucky to have them, they look so comfortable on your house.


Dog Shock Collar | Puppy & Human Bond