Friday, October 12, 2007

Husky GPS

Hey Pups!

Mom came home and told me she was doing some reading at work today in National Geographic Kids and she came upon a picture of a beautiful red and white husky, just like our Queen, Kelsey Ann. The small article was about a new tracking device for dogs called RoamEO. Mom thought this would have been a nice device to use for me when I was a young and stupid husky. Now of course, as you've all learned, I'm the best dog in the world!
RoamEO is a collar that has a GPS tracking device in it and then your humans use this handheld device. Humans can program in parameters for your yard and if your dog goes outside of those borders an alarm will sound on the GPS unit. I suppose this could also be used for tracking wayward huskies, so long as they are wearing the collar. It's pretty expensive but Mom thought it might help somehusky out there if their humans learned about this!
Kisses, Sky boy
(I heard rumors that Canyon and I might get to go to our very first dog park on Sunday!!!)

7 woo woos:

Bama said...

Wish we'd had something like this a couple of years ago when Chili & Cracker made their big escape. The second time they escaped mom had a built in GPS in her head she didn't even know about. Dad called her at work to tell her they were out, it took her about 45 minutes to get back to our neighborhood, it was full dark, and she followed a hunch into an apartment complex she had never been in, drove to the back & around the corner, and there they both were! She still doesn't know what they'd been playing in, but both had to have 2 baths before they could come in the house. We asked her how she found them and she said "mom ALWAYS knows EVERYTHING"
Manykisses,
Bama & the RHP

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Hi guys,

We were just reading MayaMarie's blog and saw your commemt. Us being dachsies you know The Mommy must be partial to our kind of doggie but she loves Beagles and Huskies a lot. Actually she likes all,kinds of dogs.

The Mommy has added you to our favorites...hope you don't mind. We don't watch TV hardly at all except for the Animal Planet and Dancing With The Stars but The Mommy likes to watch doggies movies...are favorite ones are Eight Below, Snow dogs and White Fang too!! We gots a ton on animal movies.

Do you think we could be friends with you guys too?

Night Night.....Mona, Jacks, Toby & our currect foster brother Evander too!!

The Army of Four said...

Wow, that's pretty cool! Of course, the red and white husky your mom saw COULDN'T have been as pretty as Kelsey Ann ... but we know what you mean. But really, Kelsey is so bee-roo-tiful and queenly!
Play bows,
Zim

Katherine and Pippa said...

So if I went chasing cats, and I had one of these, I wouldn't have to rush back home because they would find me anyway.

Sounds cool. Well it would if they let me chase cats.

I think I need one for mistress. Track mistress is a good idea I think. Yes. Thank you for that one.

Pippa

Tucker said...

Thanks, Sky! It's good to let everydoggy know about new things they can chew up! ::big Husky grin::

I just do books and paper and stuff. But this should be good for dogs who like remotes!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Can you believe the expense and technology that humans will go through just to keep up with us? They need so much help.

Steve

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh you'all. If that was no so expenseive my dad would get that for me. Why do they cost so much?

Let us know about this dog park. Sounds exciting.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie