Sunday, June 29, 2008

Single Sunday - The Beach

Hey Everydoggy!
The humans, Canyon and Biloxi were away for the weekend. They spent two nights camping at Cape Henlopen State Park in Lewes, DE. I've been there twice before and Sky has been once. I've shared some pictures of camping trips with you in the past. It was something Mom, Dad and I did quite a bit in the single days. Besides the beach, we also camped in the Poconos, Gettysburg and New England.
They don't have room in the SibeVibe for four dogs, three humans and camping equipment for a weekend although there would be room in the tent (approximately 18' x 14', three rooms and a pet den), so they had to pick which dogs would go. Since Sky and I had been before, we weren't chosen. (Dad here to tell the truth that Kelsey won't tell - they didn't go because neither of them enjoy the beach... Kelsey is afraid of the waves because the noise sounds like thunder and Sky doesn't like to swim.)
Here's me on the beach during my first trip when I was a single dog.


This is a year later, on the beach, relaxing in the shade of the tent. This is the same tent that Dad took to Mississippi this week for him and Biloxi. The tent was originally bought for me to use at the beach.

Here's Sky and I on the beach, my second trip and his first

After Sky and I made the trip with Mom and Dad in 2004, they skipped a few years. The little biped was born in May 2005, so they haven't done much camping since then. Several weeks ago, they began practicing with the little biped by setting up the tent in the backyard. It took a few weeks and a bribe or two, but they were sucessful in training her, so they packed up on Friday afternoon and made the four hour trek to spend the weekend getting sunburnt during the day and mosquito bit during the night. Here's some pictures from this trip.

Canyon and Biloxi asleep in the SibeVibe on the way down

Canyon in the tent on the beach (Biloxi is asleep in the tent)

Canyon and Biloxi enjoying the surf


Biloxi on the beach


The little biped and Dad behind the first campfire she ever built


OK, so I know this wasn't entirely about me, but who can resist puppy pictures.

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

15 woo woos:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

It looks like evFURRYone had a nice time - either in the past or present!

Glad all are home safe and sound!!

Hope Biloxi is doing okay and didn't mind his trip to see the v-e-t!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Simcha said...

Very cool beach pictures. HuMom takes us to the beach all the time so we're used to the noises. We don't get much snow in Virginia so HuMOm says the beach sand is just like snow only a bit warmer.

Biloxi looks happy!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos!!! I am glad you all had a safe trip and that the little biped built her first fire. How cool!
Hugs,
Sitka

Carolyn said...

Oh gosh... The picture of Canyon and his new little buddy is precious!!!

Amici said...

Camping! That sounds like so much fun! You all are brave to bring your pups. It looks like you all had a fun time and a safe camping experience!!

Princess Eva and Brice said...

I'm scared of the waves too. Even the little waves at the lake. OK, I'll admit it, I'm scared of everything.

I'm happy to here that Biloxi was chosen to go with.

Princess Eva

Thor said...

CAMPING!! Woohoo! Mama and dad haven't gone camping since OUR little biped was born either. Maybe they should try again. Biloxi is cute!

Woos,
Thor

One of the pack said...

Camping, beaching and loving. I bet there was yummy food too. Canyon is doing a great job as the older sibling making Biloxi feel right at home. Kelsey, your training is finally paying off!

Ahhhh to be young and single. Where does the time go?

Lhasa Love,

Heidi, Lady of Leisure

Tucker said...

K.A., you didn't look afraid of the waves to me!

I don't think I'd want to go to the Poke-in-Nose. You were a brave doggy!

Hope you get to go on the trip next time!

Sophie Brador said...

Kelsey Ann, Looks like fun! I would love to camping. Biloxi looks like he's settling in nicely with you guys --- and Canyon just always looks good.

xo
SB

Jack & Moo said...

Looks like a great trip to the beach! Canyon's really being a good big brother, watching over Biloxi, isn't he? Cute picture.

Woos & a-rooos,
Star & Jack a-roo

The Daily Echo said...

The cute little biped is turning into a great little camper! Looks like a great time was had by all.
ECHO

The Army of Four said...

Kelsey Ann, I LOVE the "old" pictures of you! You are such a babe, if you don't mind me saying so! Ha roo roo roo!
I can't believe Canyon and Biloxi are snuggling in the SibeVibe! How sweet is that?
The little biped looks so cute by the fire - she did GREAT!
Play bows,
Zim

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Canyon was really cuddling with Biloxi! I think the beach looks like fun. When does Biloxi have surgery?

Kat

Kodak the Eskie said...

love the pic of the biped and dogs sleeping in the vehicle. :)