Saturday, May 10, 2008

Another trip with Dad

Dad put me in the car a couple hours ago. Oh no, here we go again! Despite this, I was feeling pretty good today, so instead of riding on the floor in the back seat, I managed to climb up onto the seat. Dad noticed, and put the window down for me. Nothing better then riding in the car with the window down... I noticed we were heading down the road towards the V-E-T's office!!! Sure enough Dad pulled in.

When we got there, Dad had to park on the lawn because there were so many cars. What the heck is going on, I wondered. We walked over to the side of the building where the doggy potty is and there was a clown doing balloon animals with the V-E-T, face painting, some representatives from the Humane Society and some vendors. Then I saw why we were there. FOOOOD!!!! Dad got two hot dogs, a brownie, a rice crispy treat, fruit punch and some potato chips. He gave me one of the hot dogs. I ate the whole thing with sauerkraut, ketchup, mustard and the bun too. I think Dad was planning on giving me a few bites, but I took the whole thing - almost got his fingers too. He-he-he, watch out, Dad. It was really good. I got to meet a little dog with funny teeth and a funny nose, a little black dog with curly hair and a very big dog. Dad said they were a shih tzu, a poodle, and a mastiff. I didn't like the little dogs because they tried to jump on my head. There were kids there who pet me too.

Next, we went inside. There were several kittens available for adoption from the Humane Society. A table with a bunch of freebies that the V-E-T's wife was giving out. Dad got a toy for Canyon and Sky, and a surgery mask with a dog face on it for the Little Biped (don't tell her, it's a surprise for tomorrow when she comes home from Florida). I told him I didn't need anything since I got a hot dog. The nasty technician from Tuesday's visit took Dad and I (and some other bipeds) on a tour through the back area. We got to see the pharmacy, the lab (not the kind like Sophie, where they do blood tests and stuff), the surgical room, the V-E-T's office, and the kennels. I was a little nervous the whole time, but that's all we did. No one stuck any needles in me, or anything in my bumhole. Not too bad.

Thanks for the fun excursion, Dad.

Finally, since tomorrow's single Sunday - here's an early shout-out to all the Mom's of the world. Happy Mother's Day.

Woo-woo, Kelsey Ann.

10 woo woos:

Asta said...

Kelsey Ann
I will be thinking of you and cwossing my paws fow good news about youw paw!
Happy Mommi's day to youw Mom!
love and healing smoochie kisses Asta

One of the pack said...

Kelsey Ann,

Yummo! You must have been celebrating for Ammy's anniversary at the AO4! Car ride with wind blowing, people and pups to adore you and wonderful junk food. We are prancing around looking for ours.

Happy Days are definitely here.

Lhasa Luv,

Heidi, Lady of Leisure

The Army of Four said...

Whew! I thought maybe you had to go to the vet's for another reason other than to eat hot dogs! Ha roo! How was the sauerkraut? I think I'd like that.
Play bows,
Zim

Amici said...

That was an adventurous vet visit! Way more fun than the ones I have. That hot dog sounded good!

Toffee said...

I hope that your paw feels better!
Sounds like your most recent trip to the V-E-T was better however.

woof!
toffee

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

That's a nice change. Who gets to go to the vet and have fun? You!

Kat

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

WOW!

Let's hope next Saturday will be as fun for woo!!

Make sure woo give your mom and the little biped lots of khysses when they khome bakhk from HOT Floriduh!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We want to wish your mom a very Happy Mom's Day. Canine Mom's and human Mom's are very special people.. Be sure and give your Mom extra kisses on this very special day!!

Happy Mom's Day!!
Gus and Louie

The Daily Echo said...

Woo! That sure does sound like a mighty tasty hot dog! Our girl sells water ice and hot dogs at the grocery store and we want Mom to take us to beg for the leftovers. We're glad the vet didn't poke you again!
ECHO

Tucker said...

Sounds like a good trip! Be sure to yell for more hot dogs the next time you go!

My vet's clinic was a house. His daughter grew up there and then went away to be a vet too!

What is it with little dogs? You know what I mean?