Thursday, May 8, 2008

V-E-T; bloodwork

Mom and the little biped are away to DisneyWorld (the trip was a birthday present to the Little Biped and Mommy's Day/Birthday present for Mom since her birthday is next week). So Dad's been taking care of us. I've been clawing at him for two days to get this written. Some work he's doing in taking care of us...

He thinks taking care of us is a visit to the V-E-T. Mom never does that when Dad's away on his business trips. But, Dad took me. The boys got to stay home. Here I think that I'm getting a special treat by going for a ride in the car, but NOOOOOOOOO - the V-E-T!!!

It started out OK with getting my weight checked. Then I go back to the exam room and that's when it got ugly. The technician stuck something in my bumhole. It was cold and I DID NOT LIKE THAT! Nosir, notforme! Then she left me and Dad alone. The V-E-T came in after a little wait. He's nice and I like him because he gives me medicine that makes my joints hurt less. I didn't know why I was there because I had a hard time hearing him and Dad. They watched me walk around some. Then Dad starts to show him my foot. It's been hurting some and I've been limping so one of my toenails wasn't wearing like the rest. I don't know why it hurts, but I suppose the V-E-T was trying to figure that out. He did trim my toenail and it bled like mad. Next, I got a bandaid wrapped around my foot.

(Dad here, the vet told me that it might just be a lump, but it could also be a bone cyst or tumor. We're going to keep an eye on it for a few weeks and if it changes, Kelsey's going back in for x-rays).

Kelsey here again... well now that Dad wrote what that, I know why the V-E-T was looking at my foot. I hope it's nothing. Then he got me up on the table and started to slip something like a large rubber band over my leg. This might have been OK. But then --- UH-OH! NEEDLE! Nosir, notforme! So, I bit Dad in the arm. Next thing I know, I've got a muzzle on and that nasty technician who stuck something in my bumhole is back. So, I did what any self-respecting lady would do. I tried to jump off the table to run away. It was tough with Dad and the technician holding me. The V-E-T stuck another needle in my other leg because he didn't get any blood the first time. No luck there either, so a third needle went in my neck...

I was not happy. I was starting to feel pretty bad too with three needle sticks, a bleeding toenail, and a sore bumhole. The V-E-T lowered the table and I jumped off, slipped on the vinyl floor, and fell down. Dad ended up having to carry me to the car because I was too sore to walk. He gave me a tramadol when we got home and I had to yell at Canyon several times because he wouldn't leave me alone. Later that night, the phone rang. I read the text message Dad sent to Mom and the bloodwork that the V-E-T did was all OK which means I don't have to switch off the rimadyl.

Well, its two days later and I feel better today. No more field trips with Dad. Thank woo very much for letting me stay home, Dad.

Woo-woo, Kelsey Ann

12 woo woos:

Amici said...

Oh Kelsey, we hope it isn't a tumor. That vet visit did NOT sound fun. Did you at least get some icecream after all of that torture?

Maybe your Dad should bake you your human Mom's barbacue dog cookie recipe. Check out our blog to see some overdue pics of the cookies we made from her recipe. :)

We hope everything turns out okay. We'll be thinking of you!

One of the pack said...

Kelsey Ann,

You are our heroine! We're glad you still have a lot of fight left in you. Rosemary isn't very fond of the vet either. We'll keep hoping for more good reports, though. Maybe Mom will bake special treats for you upon her return. Until then we advise to stay away from the car.

Heidi, Lady of Leisure


Kelsey Ann,

I am so sorry you got tortured like that. How would your Daddy like somebody shoving something up has bumhole. I don't like going to see my VET either but me love her anyway. When Samantha was dying, she came to the hospital to be with the Mommy when the time came to let her go to the rainbow bridge so I forgive her when she has to torture me cause the Mommy said it's for my own good.

Love ya & the boys too....Mona

Tucker said...

Hang in there, K.A.!

Does the Cram-It-All help? Gremlin gets that because the vet doesn't think she should have Rimadyl. Or one of those. (He likes Zubrin better.)

We're thinking of you!

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Woo have to rest up and get ready to rumble next weekend!

We khan khoordinate our plans and let the boyz have it!!

Girrlz Rule!!!


Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Wow, I hope your mom comes back in a hurry! You might not survive much longer with your dad!


The Daily Echo said...

Well - I don't think that's a day fit for a Queen! Moms are much more fun than Dads.

Amber-Mae said...

Sorry to hear about your foot. I hope you'll be alright soon...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Simba said...

Sounds like a nightmare trip to the vets. I hope everything is ok.

Simba x

Kathryn and Ari said...

Kelsey, you poor thing. Ari had to go to the V-E-T this week, too. After we got home, she crawled into her crate and wouldn't come out until the next morning!

We're really sorry to hear about your paw. I hope it gets better soon so that you can enjoy the pretty May weather!

The Army of Four said...

You know you're in our thoughts and prayers, Kelsey Ann!
Lots of luv,

Kodak the Eskie said...

I'm glad that you're bloodwork came back okay. So sorry that you had to go to the v-e-t. I don't like it there much either.

Hugs, Kodak