Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Funny Sort of Relationship

So Canyon and Sky have this strange type of relationship. Mom calls Canyon a cleaner fish whenever he is doing it. I learned by searching the "net" that it is actually called a symbiotic relationship. No, Canyon doesn't ride on Sky's back like the remora fish, but he thinks it is his duty in life to make sure Sky's ears are squeaky clean. Mom got pictures of him in the act the other night.The funny part is Sky gets seasonal allergies in the spring and can't stop scratching his face and ears. Amazingly with our new "cleaner fish" Sky's allergies did not flare up nearly as bad. So I guess Canyon isn't all bad sometimes.

6 woo woos:

One Little Birdie said...

Bear is being such a good and helpful puppy! I am sure Sky appreciates the help = it's hard to reach in there yourself! Allergies are yucky. I wonder if that is what Misty is doing when she tries to lick mom & dad's face and ears off? Mommy calls Misty her day spa - microdermabrasion!

Amici said...

What a great helper! Allergies stink and I bet Sky really appreciates not having them so bad.

Way to go Canyon and way to go Sky for letting Canyon help you out.

IndyPindy said...

Hi! I will definetely be back to check out your blog!

I love the caption of Canyon's photo "puppy license expired"! Hahahaha!

Sasha said...

That's very nice of Canyon to keep Sky nice and clean. Sky's trained him well.

The Daily Echo said...

What a good pup he is! Sorry, but I'm not going near Meeka's ears.
ECHO

IndyPindy said...

Hey guys, I tagged you! Come to my blog to see what it's about!