It's me, Sky... Kelsey let me post today as her birthday present to me.
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday dear me,
Happy birthday to me.
Mom and Dad decided that today is my birthday. Since they adopted me when I a little over a year old and I was too young to remember the date when I was born, an honorary birthday had to be chosen. Today's my fifth "birthday!"
Lots of things to talk about today. I'm going to do a 2007 Year in Review of the Kapp Pack (a Re-Kapp) and tell you our New Year's Resolutions.
So, here's my top 10 favorite posts of 2007 (in chronological order):
1) Our first post - June 12. This post made the list because it's the first post of our blog.
2) My introduction on the blog. June 18 and June 20. One of my favorites because the story is all about me.
3) The mid-summer pawty, another two-parter. July 7 and July 8. This story is one of my favorites because Kelsey made all these super plans for a big pawty when Mom and Dad were out of the house for a night and the plans got ruined. She thinks she's the greatest thing since sliced bread sometimes and this event really went a long way towards humbling her for all of five minutes.
4) Rocky pup. July 19. He's on the list because he's so darned cute. He also kinda looks like me - black and white, blue eyes. Yeah, I was cranky when he was here but I missed him when he was gone.
5) Visitors. August 1. We had several visitors this year. This one is my favorite visitor post because there's lots of good information here to help prevent lost doggies. I was once a lost doggy, and I am really glad that I've found my furever home.
6) Hike N Howl. September 1. Hike N Howl had it's inaugural year. It was hugely successful in raising money for MaPaw, Harnessed to Hope, and DelVal. These three rescues work with huskies in PA, NJ, DE, and MD. They're all non-profits and can always use extra help. Mom and Dad work with MaPaw, the rescue they adopted Kelsey and Canyon from.
7) My zinc problems. Sir-Licks-Alot, September 25; and Our Weekend..., November 25. This made this list because what Mom and Dad have thought was an allergy issue has turned out to be a zinc deficiency. I take supplements now and it really seems to be healing well.
8) The interview. October 5. This one is also all about me, so it is very important.
9) A Happy Day. November 16. The day I got my sled pulling harness. I got to pull the little biped's wagon around the yard with it. I never got to use it in the parade because of bad weather causing a delay and then Mom and Dad having plans on the rain-date. I hope that it snows sometime soon so that I can use it to pull the sled in the yard.
10) Caught. December 13. This is another story of humiliation for Kelsey.
Now, since 2007 is over. We need to make resolutions for 2008.
I resolve to be nicer to Mom and Dad when taking my medicine. I know it really does help me.
I resolve to stand up for myself more
I further resolve to be less scared around new people and new doggies.
I resolve to howl more and bark less.
Happy New Year!!!