Thursday, December 20, 2007

Free Rice???


Hey Everydoggy!

Mom came home today and told me about something she learned about in school. Yeah, she liked school so much she went back to repeat it. I really don't understand what's wrong with her! School is not that much fun....they make you do things dogs (huskies especially) shouldn't have to do. But seriously, Mom does a good thing. She works with kids with behavior problems, ones with autism mainly, and helps them to make it through school. In an English class she learned about freerice. The website is really cool. It gives you words and you need to decide which other word means the same. If you are correct, free rice donates 20 grains of rice to someone who doesn't have enough to eat. You can try as many words as you like at a time. Go ahead and try it out! Let me know how many grains of rice you donated. It's always nice to do things for other doggies and people during the holidays and all year long!
Woo woo, Kelsey Ann
(5 more sleeps until Santa Paws)

10 woo woos:

Izzie said...

Wow. My mama says she has a friend who teaches kids who have autism, and she says you need a lot of patience! She also says that sometimes you need more patience when dealing with the kids' parents!

Khady Lynn said...

That is sooo cool! I finally stopped after 1000 grains of rice, but I will be back! It's addictive!

Holly

The Daily Echo said...

That's fun! I stopped at 380 grains of rice. Mom was impressed with my vocabulary skills.
ECHO

IndyPindy said...

Oooh, I bet my mom will play that game for hours, she loves word games!

Her last name is Rice too, haha!

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh you have the coolest moooosic on your blog.

We are sending you a Christmas e card, if we can understand your code with your email addy on your side bar.

look out for something, hope you get it real soon!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

We did 300, but Mom says she could get addicted.

Steve

The Army of Four said...

Mom said we can come back after she gets her scones in the oven! COOL!
Mmm... scones. I hope she drops one!
Play bows,
Zim

Par said...

Yea I heard about that site, just haven't check it out, I should now that you mention it.

Anonymous said...

Well, we did 360 grains! This is COOL!

Hugs,
Sitka

Urban Smoothie Read said...

thanks for introducing that great website to us...

we will gv it a try